Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

The day dawned crisp and clear. Pancakes and eggs are the kick-off to a wonderful lazy day in Connecticut.

The realization that Susan and I will celebrate our twentieth anniversary this year has put me in a reflective mood as of late. One of the manifestations of that has been the urge to sort through old photos and try to associate snippets of memory with them.

Here's an old one of Susan with Hannah in the summer of 1996. I don't remember where this one was taken. We lived in Grayslake at the time, yet for some reason I think this photo was taken in Shaker Heights. People have also said that the two of them look alike. This photo appears to confirm that. Case closed.


Monica, Mom and I are shown in this 1971 photo taken in the front yard of our Taylor Road home in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. I think we lived in that house from 1970 – 1974, before moving out to the house in Bainbridge my folks built.


Lastly, here's a picture of Gavin, Erick and I raking leaves in the fall of 1993, I think. Take a look at the big grin on Erick's face. Check out Gavin jumping in the leaves. There must be ten of these leaf raking photos in this roll. In one Gavin is preparing to jump, in the next one – POOF. I think this photo is post poof.


Happy Mother's Day to All. Enjoy this day and the ones that follow. It is a gift from God. May good memories always be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I think the photo of Hannah and I was taken in Westlake. I think we were on a picnic or at the beach.

    ReplyDelete