Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary


50 Years of Marriage - Larry and Virginia Boulden

Susan, Erick, Hannah, Skylar and I traveled to Westlake, Ohio for my parents 50th wedding anniversary.  The big event was held in the cultural hall of the North Olmstead Ward building on Saturday July 27th.

Erick and Hannah before the guests arrived
Joining my folks, Larry and Virginia Boulden, in this celebration were forty years of good friends and family from as far away as Texas.  The old crowd from the Cleveland Modern Dance Association, including Marv and Charlene Nevins, still looked pretty spry on the dance floor.  Newer friends from the ward pitched in to help organize, decorate and manage the event.

The Lingafelters and the Rees' brought their usual good cheer across town when they came.  Kim Opitz, one of my Mom's two sisters, drove all the way from Amarillo with her husband Dave.  Garmin led them astray on more than one occassion, but they made it.

Fifty years of anything is an accomplishment.  Fifty years of marriage is something more than wonderful.  I don't think I've ever seen two people who better compliment each other.  Along the way, they've worked hard and treated other with respect.  Growing up in their house, I can't recall any sharp words passing between them.  Ever.

Cutting the cake

If the question were posed, they would probably tell you that their love for each other is stronger today than it was 50 years ago.  

Congratulations Mom and Dad.  And thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment